Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fiesta Meatloaf

2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg Stove Top stuffing for chicken
1 cup water
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup salsa, divided
3/4 cup Mexican-style shredded cheese

Mix all ingredients together, except 1/4 cup salsa and cheese. Shape into oval loaf in a 9x13 pan and top with remaining salsa.

To cook immediately, bake 1 hour at 350 degrees, or until cooked through.

To freeze, cover well and freeze. To cook, thaw in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook until cooked through.

2 comments:

  1. This was good, loved the little loaf pan, and the flavor was different than other meatloaves that I have tried...but I'd prob. do again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it, Nathan didn't really. I think it was more that he was expecting "meatloaf" taste and it was a bit different. I would crush the stuffing up a little more so they were smaller parts in the meat.

    ReplyDelete